Dear Friends,Happy Christmas!! Here is a greeting card from my American friend, Dennis Oliver, who is an esteemer of classical music.
If you click on the picture you will enjoy the original greetings card with two musical gifts: recordings of the Christmas tropar and of a traditional koljada, "Nebo i Zemlja." There are also some brief explanatory notes on both of them above.
It would be great if you could reflect on this posting and add more details about celebrating Christmass in Ukraine and by the Ukrainians around the globe.
Z Rizdvom Khrystovym !!!
Nina
1 comment:
Dear Nina and Ukrainian colleagues,
Z Rizdvom Khrystovym!
I'm honored to have my Christmas greeting displayed here, and I'm also honored to be in touch with my colleagues in Ukraine.
I have a "Ukrainian connection" though my maternal grandmother's family; it dates back a long time ago--to Kievan Rus'. I also have a more modern connection: I was involved for more than 30 years with Carpatho-Ukrainians / Carpatho-Ukrainian-Americans in various U.S. States. I never really learned to communicate in the language, but I learned many words. I also learned to love the food and traditions, and I have particularly fond memories of Christmas and Pascha.
Z Novym Rokom!
Dennis in Phoenix
Post a Comment